Thursday, October 4, 2007

Hello? Is this Osama?

"Former president Bill Clinton has emerged as a clear asset in his wife's campaign for the White House, with Americans offering high ratings to his eight years in office and a solid majority saying they would be comfortable with him as first spouse, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll."

The Washington Post/ABC News Poll:

If the 2008 presidential election were held today and the candidates were Giuliani, the Republican, and Clinton, the Democrat, for whom would you vote?

All: Clinton - 51%, Giuliani - 43%
Dems: Clinton - 88%, Giuliani - 9%
Ind: Clinton - 48%, Giuliani - 44%
Reps: Clinton - 10%, Giuliani - 88%

This is not entirely surprising because Giuliani is seen as a one trick pony. Clinton at least comes across as a multi-faceted candidate; Giuliani cannot escape his infamous performance on September 11. This situation is not alleviated by Giuliani either, who continuously alludes to his national security and terrorism credentials.

This is unfortunate too because Giuliani has some good ideas on the economy: less taxes and less government spending and a school voucher system.

Kinda funny from realclearpolitics.com:

"KUDLOW: Do you invest in the Stock Market?
GIULIANI: No, I don't. I don't invest in the Stock Market. I did it a long, long time ago when I was really young and I got involved in all the investigations and all the prosecutions and I felt it was better if I didn't make individual investments. So I'm invested in funds, but not in individual--not in individual stocks."

No comments: